What is Hacking?
Why Do Hackers Hack?
For example, if a hacker enters your computer and steals financial information such as your credit card number, or the password to your bank account, they could use that information to make purchases.
Can a Computer be Protected from Hacking?
However, you can make it difficult enough so that a hacker moves on and looks for an easier target.
- Use strong passwords to protect your user login account
- Never reveal your login password to anyone else
- Place a firewall between your computer and any network
- Disconnect from networks when you are not using them
- Encrypt any sensitive information (just in case they get in)